Letojanni is a purely coastal town and is located 4km from Taormina which borders along the coast. Its historical development is certainly not lacking in archaeological or historical evidence. Moreover they are not present neither harbors nor old landings that can make to think ud its past of landing for some civilization.
The hypothesis of its past as a Greek city is linked to its name which would tend to be that of a city named Lethaios. The only certainty is that it was located near ancient Taormina and along the Consolare Valeria ancient commercial artery of the Ionian Coast today SS114. Its origin can be dated to the settlement of a nobleman around 1650 who established his residence here by building a sumptuous palace. It remained a settlement until 1850. After the construction of the railway, which built a station here, Letojanni experienced strong growth but remained a fraction of Gallodoro, a hill country 7km from it. From 1952 it became common in its own right. Its territory has a strong tourist connotation due to its position near the sea and the presence of beautiful beaches accessible to patrons. During the summer it is stormed by vacationers and its waterfront is enriched with a restaurant and various attractions.
Letojanni has given birth to a great illuminate of world fame, prof. Francesco Durante, who was the first to successfully operate brain tumors. It is named after the central square of the town in front of which there is the church of S. Giuseppe.